The Celebration of Hope 2011 Gala featured a delicious dinner, incredible works of art including pieces by Kansas City artist Bill Drummond, who's artwork was displayed throughout the ballroom and foyer. After dinner, the charity event and auction raised in the neighborhood of $200,000 towards the charity which helps the community in numerous ways (see below for more specific information about the Catholic Charities of Kansas City). The evening was capped off with entertainment from Kansas City's Dueling Piano act Roll Over Beethoven sponsored by Adam Blue Productions. The dueling pianos had everyone up and dancing early and all of guests had a great time. The dueling piano guys got all of the ladies up on the stage to sing "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey and they did a great job! Then Joe Kelly was coaxed up on the stage to be a "human trumpet" during a Johnny Cash song and then "Sweet Caroline".
More information on the Catholic Charities of Kansas City
Catholic Charities of Kansas City-St. Joseph responds to the gospel mandate by caring for the vulnerable, honoring the life and dignity of all persons, and engaging the community in providing compassionate social services and advocacy.
Catholic Charities of Kansas City-St. Joseph lives as a Gospel witness in the community, caring for all in need and pursuing just ways for the common good.
- Since 1879, Catholic Charities of Kansas City - St. Joseph, Inc., has touched the lives of thousands of individuals and families by providing social services regardless of race, gender, economic or religious background.
- Catholic Charities in Kansas City, Missouri, was founded in 1879.
- Although named Catholic Charities, more than 75% of those served are not of Catholic faith.
- Catholic Charities served more than 200,000 individuals in 2009-10 with food, shelter, and utilities along with hope-filled services of more than 60 community-focused programs.
- Catholic Charities administrative and fundraising costs are impressively among the lowest in the region, with more than 90 cents of every dollar directly helping someone in need.
- Catholic Charities continues to earn an aggregate client satisfaction score of more than 98% in its annual Continued Quality Improvement assessments.
- Catholic Charities of Kansas City-St. Joseph is accredited through the Council on Accreditation, a comprehensive process by which an organization completes a thorough self-study and on-site review by trained Peer Reviewers. Catholic Charities has achieved this highest recognition for delivering quality child and family services, behavioral healthcare services, and community support and education services that comply with nationally recognized standards of best practice.
- Catholic Charities-USA is the nation's largest private network of social service agencies.